NOW is the time to promote wonderful Fall titles including the The Gigantic Turnip, The Barefoot Book of Monsters and Tales of Mystery and Magic. These three titles make wonderful Halloween gifts or to be read at an event or storytime.
I recently came upon this easy craft that would be great at a storytime and craft event. Monster Masks..
Creating monster masks is a creative way to help children understand that something are not as scary as they seem. That monsters are a part of our imagination. Just like the one they are getting ready to make. You'll need:
- Paper Plates
- Craft Sticks
- Miscellaneous craft supplies
- Give each child a paper plate. Make sure that if you are going to use eye holes that you cut them out in advance.
- Offer craft supplies and glue.
- Encourage the children to decorate their plate to make a monster mask.
- Tape the craft stick to the back bottom part of the plate.
- Find some fun monster music and let the children dance with their masks on
Read more about the source of this craft here