Friday, February 12, 2010

Stay in touch...

No, you don't want to bombard your customers with constant emails and reminders but you do want to stay in touch with them.  It's a tricky balance, I found that over the busy holidays I was emailing my customers quite a bit because the promotions from Barefoot were always changing.  Then again, remember that your customer joined your mailing list so that they could be informed about new products, sales and events in their area.  You'll find that customers appreciate the knowledge of a sale, who doesn't like to save a little money.  It's also nice to remind your customers prior to a holiday that books really do make lovely gifts for the children in their lives.  I like to email my customers updates about once a month but if you don't feel comfortable with that, you can do what works for you.  I also know successful ambassadors who have monthly newsletters and those work well for them too. 

I used to send my email and marketing campaigns via gmail however, recently, I signed up for Mailchimp.  Mailchimp is an email marketing and list management website.  It's simple to use and free for your first 500 subscribers.  The features include list management, creative marketing campaigns and tracking which is essential when you want to see who really is paying attention. It also allows people on your list to unsubscribe, if desired.  Really, it isn't helpful to you or to them if they are not interested in the product.  I highly recommend visiting Mailchimp or Constant Contact to see if one of these email marketing companies would make your business run more smoothly and your campaigns more effective. 

Good luck!  Please feel free to leave a question or comment that you want to share with the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment